The Mansion at Bretton Woods has a deep historical foundation in Morris County.
The Mansion, constructed in 1894 by famed financier Oscar Coles Ferris and his wife Louise, was designed after the Ford Mansion in Morristown. Historic records show that this was intentional, since Louise Ferris was the granddaughter of another influential financier, Jacob Ford. Through their joint efforts, Ferris and Ford helped to create the First Bank of Morris County. They also sponsored many other important business ventures at the turn of the century, and were responsible for much of Morris County's mercantile success and prosperity.
Named in honor of the famed international monetary conference of 1944 that established the gold standard, today Bretton Woods is the gold standard for enchanting weddings and sterling corporate events.